padi self reliant course
Diving without a buddy?
Although most scuba dives are made with a buddy, an experienced diver may want or need to make dives without a partner. During the Self-Reliant Diver course, you learn about potential risks of diving alone and the value of equipment redundancy and necessary back-up gear. During three scuba dives, you develop skills for self-reliance and independence, while becoming a stronger partner in a dive pair or team.
What you will learn:
- The value and application of the buddy system
- The philosophy of, and motivation for, diving without a partner
- Potential risks of diving alone, and how to manage those riskis
- The value of equipment redundancy and what back-up equipment is needed.
- Dive planning and gas management